Saturday 23 March 2013

Dreaming

Every year around this time I start to crave that season change I know is coming. It comes every year and I always feel it is not quick enough. Don't get me wrong, I love all the seasons. But when one comes to an end, I am so ready to bring in the next one. Almost as if it needs some warm welcoming party or something. I can see some grass on my front yard and actually considered pulling out my flip flops this afternoon. I resisted the urge and put them back in my closet... One more month, maybe?


 I am actually pretty lucky to have avoided the crazy unpredictable weather in Saskatchewan this year. They have been getting hit hard, over and over again. Over 6 feet of snow and brutal cold temperatures that chill's the bones. I escaped it. I was told many times that living in the Ontario snow belt I will see so much snow. I'm calling their bluff. Such mild temperatures and one snow storm... (I can almost hear Curtis saying, "I swear, we get tons of snow!!") I keep bugging him though. I am actually kind of thankful Ontario welcomed us gently. Hopefully next year we will get some more snow and will actually be able to build some snowmen. Until the weather allows it, I will be dreaming of this... in my fuzzy socks...cuddled up inside.
 
Our weekend has been pretty low key, Rhys went to a friend from school's birthday party. Today was the first day our house has been fever free in almost 2 weeks! That is something I am celebrating.  With a whole lot of antibacterial cleaners and cleaning everything I can. I am also hoping we can crack the window to let some fresh air in.  And now I am wondering if I should return to the boys regular activities this week now that we are germ free. So afraid of catching some new germs... But I can't hibernate forever I guess.

These little goof balls really light up my day. They have wonderful personalities and I am sure happy to see them smiling again. Even in the most exhausted moments these guys can make anyone laugh.
 
We are still struggling with sleep problems over here. I took a break from trying to sleep train my little turkey's while they were under the weather and I am hoping they will slip into a new, more restful sleeping pattern... We are used to getting up 5-8 times a night between the two Little's. The big guy is a rock. He can sleep through ANYTHING... It's amazing really. Yet, I have to tip toe to brush my teeth and heaven forbid someone flush a toilet! Well one day, I will sleep again. Until then I drag myself out of bed many times all through out the night, trying not to kick Curtis too much to help. The military are not known for being gentle with the guys falling asleep on course. So I need to make sure he gets his rest.
 
This week I will be starting my spring cleaning. I am not sure why I am calling it that since I have been doing this for the last 9 months I have been purging, cleaning, organizing, re-organizing, re-arranging (entire rooms!), and its only because we are living in an extremely small house at the moment. I'm pretty much sure our house even though it has four bedrooms, is much, much smaller then our beautiful 3 bedroom PMQ back in the prairies.  But I will work with it for now. I keep having this nagging feeling that we are going to end up here in this house for longer then we are told. Curtis graduates in November and we are hoping the posting message comes in beforehand so we can get our move planned quicker. Our next posting is supposed to be a long one. And I can't wait to not be living in a temporary home. I want my boys to feel they have roots, where they grew up. Like I did. Like Curtis did. Even though this life opens up many wonderful opportunities for us. One day we dream of buying our own home. That dream has been put on hold for now, but not forever.
 
Happy Weekending Folks!
 
 
 


 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tasha! Your boys are adorable, too!! I'm with you on dreaming about flip flops and nice weather!

    ReplyDelete