Thursday 25 June 2015

These Days.



The mornings are still pretty cool here in Northern Canada. We wake up requiring socks before heading down the stairs. The boys ask eagerly, "Will it be a sunny day?" Unfortunately there has been a lot of rain these days. Although there has been enough breaks that we can sneak outside to ride bikes, go for walks, and play with friends a little. Where oh where is summer? I'm sure it will arrive soon enough but never stays long enough for my liking.


We wrapped up school last week for Rhys and at the end of May for Tristan's Nursery School. Our days are now not ran on a schedule and we like that a little. Although our kiddos have always been routine lovers sometimes going with the flow is good for them. Our summer plans are sticking around home and lots of family time. Nothing elaborate but hopefully creating memories in the hearts of our little's.  I have learned over the years that what sticks is the time we spend not the money and over the top trips. They remember playing Nerf Tag with Mummy and Daddy, making crowns, pillow fights with brothers, and little sister learning how to give kisses. These are the days.


Can you believe this girl is already 14 months old?!?
Stinky blanket love.

Ollie showing Madeline how to do her puzzle.

Reading together.

Practising Thankfulness:

I'm afraid to admit that lately I have been caught up in the "I wants" of life. I see all these beautiful things on Etsy and these wonderful rooms in the Pottery Barn catalogue or on the Ikea website. Wanting all these things I don't necessarily need. I had to step back and look at the home that Curtis and created. We are comfortable, We have everything we could possibly need plus more. Being more aware of the fact that my wants are getting in the way of appreciating what I am so lucky to have.

I have been more aware of how I am wording or responding to the wants of my children. After all, I want them to be thankful as well. How is that possible if their Mama is always wanting as well.  How do you practice thankfulness in your home with your children?



Some more of our moments:



Goofy boy "helping" unload the dishwasher.


Daddy and his baby girl.
Big Brothers.
Happy Big guy.




Well it's now late and my eyes are getting heavier. I am a early to bed type of girl as the morning seem to always come at the crack of dawn. I am done arguing so I get up and embrace the the day, say Good Morning with a smile on my face at 5am and cuddle with the little ones. So I'm off to get some rest!

Good night friends,
Tasha
Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment