Friday 19 April 2013

Our beautiful chaos.

When life gets busy, but it is the good kind I call it beautiful chaos. We are all moving in sync, everyone is happy, cheerful and just enjoying ordinary bliss, that is the good kind of busy. It is our beautiful chaos. We have a lot of that. We are blessed. With this new adventure it brought new experiences. New things for our children to explore.

block party in a tent.
Throughout the week we did our ordinary routine things. Grocery shopping, cleaning, playing, reading, playgroups, naps, pick ups and drop offs at school.5am wake up and early naps and bedtimes for everyone. We are fairly routine people to be honest. I find when the boys sway too much from regular naps and meals all hell breaks loose. It's not pretty. There are major meltdowns. Not fun. Occasionally even a meltdown from Mommy just to make things interesting. So we usually plan our outings around naps and such. It really is probably a good thing I have become somewhat of a 'homebody' since having the kids. But right now, staying at home, doing what works for them is what we would rather be doing. Curtis said it best, "I would rather be here with them while they want me, rather them being teenagers and not wanting to hang out with us." Enjoying them while they are young. Making memories. Ordinary memories that I hope they will look back and cherish. And say, I had a happy childhood. I think they will.

We had some rainy days this week. With all the warmth coming through it also brought rain. We found some things to keep us occupied while Rhys was at school and Daddy was at work.

The boys have been really interested in the book, "Brown bear, brown bear." Asking for it to be read numerous times daily. Which is lovely. I truly love their bookworm ways. So I figured what better way to spend a rainy morning then making our own brown bears. We used school glue, mixed with some brown paint and scrap pieces of brown paper, all glued on to cut out brown bears that I drew for them. They seemed to enjoy themselves. Although, they sure did get messy!


 


 
 
Weekending.
 
We also enjoyed a morning at a local Pancake breakfast and learnt how they made Maple syrup. It was delicious. Far better then the normal stuff I buy at the grocery store Rhys says. I happen to agree. They had horse carriage rides as well as some musket training. It was a great morning. And to top that off, Tristan did not have an allergic reaction to the pancakes! I was super excited hoping his egg allergy might have disappeared. Unfortunately, after donut incident later in the week, he still does have allergies. One sad little boy!


 

 
 
We are hoping to make Maple Fest a tradition. With any luck, wherever we may be this time next year we can find one close. 
 
Well there is another week down and another weekend to be enjoyed. I hope everyone has a wonderful day ahead of them.
 



 
xoxo.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment