Friday 7 June 2013

Our weekend away.

I have sat down to write this post three times already this week. And then I get up to do something that I forgot to do, change laundry over, put the dishwasher on, ooops someone is crying and up from nap now, and then time gets away from me and I end up saying, "I will do it tomorrow." I am probably one of the biggest procrastinators... Things get done but it just may take all week to do. Not to mention the fact that I am not at all technologically friendly and have been having trouble getting all my photo's to upload. I have resisted this internet/screen time for so long I am now so out of the loop. But before I get off on a completely other topic then I intended I really wanted to share our weekend away with you.

We were lucky to get a 2 day, one night away for a friends wedding this past weekend. It could not have come at a better time. We were very much looking forward to this and it certainly was worth the wait. We had a wonderful time being just us, not having little's to worry about for couple of days. My wonderful mother and father in-law stayed with the boys for the weekend and we left early Saturday morning, driving 3 hours south.

I did not get that many photo's since we were so busy. It was kind of nice to be somewhat unplugged and just enjoy.


 
 
We stayed in a beautiful Bed and Breakfast located in the center of the city. We usually prefer B & B's when we are on our own because they have so much character. The tiny antique shops, and cheese shops are nearby and we can walk anywhere we would like to explore. We found this out when we got married and stayed at a B & B for our wedding years ago.
 
This past weekend we were fortunate enough to attend a beautiful college friend of my husbands, Auryn and Andrew. The wedding was amazing, my photo's do not at all do it justice it deserves. It was so simply elegant. I think I re-planned my wedding a dozen times while I was there.... My husband says it would be okay if we remarried each other every ten years. I kind of like the idea. Obviously no gifts, just company of awesome people.
 

 
 
We had a wonderful time acting like we were young and carefree again. Partying and dancing. Drinking far too much red wine. I was thankful on Sunday to return to my regularly scheduled and somewhat chaotic life full of drooling kisses, and bear hugs from my boys.
 
The only picture that was decent enough to post online is a little lovey dovey. But here it is. Because he is still the man of my dreams, my prince charming and everything I have ever hoped for to share this crazy beautiful life with.
 
 
 
 
 
xoxo.
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment