Wednesday 10 October 2012

Falling

I have fallen completely in love with fall. The colours are amazing. The boys are playing in all the leaves wherever life takes us. I am purposely leaving piles in my yard just to enjoy their presence. To watch the boys experience the crunchy leaves, sweep armfuls and run around excitedly. I love fall.
There is this look of complete innocence and curiosity that fills their faces. Ontario has very distinguished seasons, where we are used to the bitter cold winter and unbearably hot summer's of Saskatchewan for the past few years. This is new and exciting. We are thankful for seasons. We are welcoming the chilly air and still getting outdoors when life allows it to just enjoy. Enjoying being with each other. One thing I have always encouraged with the kiddo's is their need for exploration. They gather everything. Chestnuts, different kinds of leaves, sticks, rocks, and dirt. They pick bugs up. We talk about them. I hope they always love to explore and learn.

 Thankfulness is on my mind as this past weekend brought Thanksgiving. We packed up and headed to my Mother(in-law's) and ate farrrrrr too much. It was wonderful. She even took the extra time to make the meal entirely allergy friendly for Tristan (No dairy or eggs). It was so nice and so much easier to enjoy knowing he could enjoy too.

Every now and then I walk in to a perfect moment of brotherly bonding. Rhys and Ollie giggling. I'm not entirely sure what about. I didn't intervene, a perfect moment like that I could tell just needed to be enjoyed, and documented. Now don't get me wrong, my boys have their rowdy moments where one for some reason or another puts the other in a headlock. Even Olliver feels the need to get involved at times. He sees his brother playing quietly giving the the perfect opportunity to crawl his cute little butt over there and dive on to him stealing his car or whatever had his attention ending a full on brawl between all three boys. Not sure whose idea it was to have more children then I have hands but having an extra one at these times would be handy. Excuse the lame pun.
My boys love arts and crafts. The spend hours creating things that they are imagining in their minds. Rhys tells stories. Tristan mixes colours, learning cause and effect. Just beautiful. We have waited a little while for giving paint to Ollie. Everything and I do mean EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. That could be interesting but I am worried about him eating it and his tummy getting upset.

Tristan(23 months), Ollie( 11 months) Both not happy to be up from their naps... Same expression. Not impressed.

I'm sorry but that is one cute chubby little tush! And those curls.... Adorable.

Getting creative with Rhys' lunch. I am about to do anything to get Rhys to eat at lunch time.Including installing fireworks in his lunch pail to entice him to eat... Okay maybe not but this seems to be working.  He is too busy telling stories to eat. Most of his lunch comes home with him and he is hungry and CRANKY at 4pm. Nearly impossible to rationalise with.

Olliver is starting to take steps. It is awesome to watch. I swear in his past life, he was Elvis. Because he winds that arm up like crazy as he takes his steps. He smiles full of pride. He's not the only one! I'm one proud Mama.

Getting out and about on our bikes. One of our favourite things to do these days because we get some exercise and enjoy that nice crisp air.

 
Happy Thanksgiving from my Family to Yours! What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment