Wednesday 21 August 2013

Peter Pan Envy

As these last couple weeks, not even a week and a half now till school starts, I am just amazed how this summer just flew by. I am stuck in the now taking time to read dozens of stories when the laundry and dishes await me, visit the park when boys should be snug in bed. Eating sweet corn three nights in a row. 

I am playing more, laughing more. 

Being silly, just because.

I like to call this Peter Pan envy. The want to live in this particular moment always. To never leave my Neverland. This is my perfect place. The boys are all at such wonderful and different stages. They teach me so much daily. 

 

They teach me to be brave and take chances. 


To not blink too quickly because they grow up too fast. (Above photo from 2 years ago before Tristan's baptism).


To let them learn to do things on their own. 


To make things from scratch, take time to enjoy every bite while laughing into the wee hours with the love of my life. Being "young" again forgetting for a moment that beautiful boys will be waking me before the crack of dawn... Sometimes it is just worth it. 

Occasionally, this condition of Peter Pan Envy sets in so deep the routine that I normally crave I don't recognize. I just want to be there, carefree growing with them, looking through those sweet eyes. Because they always see something so magical.


So thank you my little gentlemen for consistently teaching me, inspiring me to be the best mama I know how to be. For showing me that sometimes time stands still, sometimes it's better to be in Neverland... Visiting mermaids, fighting off pirates...

Xoxo
Tasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment